I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 18 July 2024

Tabor

Tino the wolf, waiting for some clothes

An interesting choice of words? 

General feel of the day

Today I had a day off. A bit of a recovery day, a bit of a tourist day.
 

I needed to rest my legs (the climbing is in no way over but the weather seems to have evened out and I'll do better at pacing myself) and I fancied exploring. 


Tabor is an interesting town, very important in the Hussite wars don't you know? Well I didn't but, I do now. I had a coffee, got some knitting needles (no wool of note so keeping my purse full for Berlin) and then had lunch at what turned out to be a very excellent veggie cafe. 


After a bit more of a wander I went to the museum to find out a bit about Jan Huss and One-eyed Žižka (he ended up with no eyes, maybe) who lead the way in lots of Hussite battles. He's a famous military hero - never lost a battle, even when he was probably blind. 


In the evening I enjoyed pizza and wine in the town square. 



No comments:

Post a Comment