I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Friday 19 July 2024

Staré Město pod Landštejnem

 Today was essentially climbing. Lots of up, not much down. Nothing too painful though. I cycled along through the forest and through the occasional village. I nipped over the border into Austria and bemoaned Brexit then I cycled up more hills. 

As the gradient in general wasn't as vertical as those first few days the climbing part (most of the day) went ok. I was starving  (only had a sandwich for tea yesterday - rookie error, I know better. Carbs and protein despite what I might actually like to eat.) so stopped in a likely looking cafe. A quick google translate showed lots of different versions of goulash but they happily made me cheese and chips. Deep fried Gouda cheese and loads of chips. 


Feeling full the last hour flew by, the only challenge being the descent. Between steep

hills and dodgy surfaces my hands were aching keeping control of my speed. 


I saw the camp site across the valley and after two aborted attempts up parallel roads managed to reach it. I checked in and then asked where to camp. The man told me to something like 'tam, tam, tam' and pointed up the hill. It's my Czech vocab of the day, apparently it means push. 







No comments:

Post a Comment