I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 18 July 2024

Jindřichův Hradec




 You know how I said the climbing wasn't over? It's definitely not over. In fact, it seems to be more and more each day. 

Today though, was better. Where as the journey between Prague and Tabor was filled with nasty gradients and lots of lumps, today was just a steady climb. As I approach the border, I think this will be the case every day. 

As the climb was steady and as the sky clouded over, it didn't feel too bad. Reaching the summit (albeit one in the middle of a forest so devoid of views) felt good. 

I've really got to up my research game though. I took a diversion and visited the town on the way through to the campsite. It's beautiful! All castle, spires and nesting Storks.  I had a wander and took photos then made my way to the campsite, up another hill. For once, it was worth the climb. The site is clean, well kept and managed by a thoughtful owner. He even does breakfast. 



No comments:

Post a Comment