I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday 3 July 2024

Holiday

 




I'm not sure how I feel about today's efficient day of travelling. It's not my usual holiday! 


Station one, no hitches.  Nice chat to the guard about his retirement plans. At Waverley I got some snacks then got the London train from lift free platform 2.


After a brief battle with cycle storage I got a double seat all the way to Newcastle then the guard helped me get by bag and bikes onto the platform.  All very straight forward. 


Loaded again I headed east - and after a brief (unplanned) sojourn to inspect the high level bridge I retraced my steps down to the river and off I went. 


The ride is a bit twisty turney but it's not long and I arrived at the port before the advertised opening time.  Imagine my delight then when I breezed through check in, customs and rather than join a queue, rode straight onto the ship. 



Bike tied up I had a quick explore then a little doze in the cabin. I was there three hours early after all. As the ship left port I waved bye to North then South Shields before heading off for something to eat. I stuffed myself at the all you can eat then headed back to the cabin. Read a bit and fell asleep again. 


Fast forward to now. I've finished my book and I'm onto book number two in the bar. I've got a wine and two packets of crisps (a 2 for made it the only option).  On stage  the resident entertainers are singing an enthusiastic heavily accented  rendition of Hotel California. 


I feel my holidays have begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment