I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Friday 12 July 2024

Semin



After all the excitement of Kutná Hora, today was a short bike ride in sticky humid heat.
 

There isn't much of note. I stopped for coffee and cake at a little cafe. I cycled through miles and miles of what turned out to be the National Stud Farm at Kladruby nad Labem.  I've looked it up since, it's 1,310 hectares and a UNESCO world heritage site. I didn't see many horses, apparently they are a rare breed, bred specifically for ceremonial duties. When I did eventually find a field of mares and foals I stopped to take pictures. A family stopped at the same time, the mum jumping out almost hugging herself with delight. The dad just looked bewildered. 


After that - and the approximately 3 mile long poker straight driveway between stables - I pulled into the campsite. 


Autokemp pretty much means car park. I think they're a place where you leave your caravan but campers are also welcome. Facilities are usually pretty basic but this site - which had an excellent shower hidden in the truly awful shower block, only open for 4 hours a day - doesn't even have drinking water. 


Lovely setting


Terrible facilities - you should have seen the colour of the water in the mop bucket. 


With that in mind, I went to the bar (they always have a bar) and had beer and pizza for tea. I was even able to buy a bottle of drinking water. Sorted I went off to the tent for an early night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment