I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 3 August 2023

Aarhus 2023


After another slightly damp night, I had a relaxing morning. I packed slowly and managed to get all my wet gear away without getting even more wet. My whole day was planned around a 3pm hotel check in so I had a few hours to kill. 

Between the site and the city is a deer park so once I was fully loaded I decided that was where I was going to spend my day. The deer are remarkably tame and come up to you searching for food. I resisted the urge to buy a bag of carrots and instead watched others feed them. This seemed to consist in the main of enthusiastic parents trying to persuade terrified screaming children that they themselves weren’t about to be eaten. 


I watched for a while, hid from some rain under trees and then went in search of the wild boar. I had been a bit worried with all this ‘wild’ animal feeding that suddenly a great hulking hairy pig was going to come hurtling out of the forest. Luckily, someone else had the sand thought and they were safely hidden behind 2 fences at one end of the park. 


After having my wild animal fill I went to the beach. Once again I hid from the rain under some trees then wandered along the shore for a bit. I finished off my book at just the right time and so headed back to my bike. 


I arrived at the hotel (in another rain storm) at 3pm and was drying and my wet gear in the room by 3:15. 



In the evening I took myself back to the street food market for something to eat. I had nachos and a glass of wine sitting outside on the sunshine - the weather suddenly being rather cooperative. I even had an ice-cream lolly on the walk back to the hotel. A perfect last evening in Denmark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment