I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 3 August 2023

Hamburg 2023

Today the journey was fairly simple. One Danish train to Flensburg and then a German train to Hamburg. This is all planned so that each journey only involves a single connection. Reducing stress and also allowing me a few chances to see cities in between. Today the plan worked well. I wasn’t too delayed and I got the correct trains in the correct places with the correct tickets. I and a lot of other bicycle tourists. 

Not my hands, filet crochet by a fellow cycle tourist. 

The highlight of the journey was the long elevated section of track which I eventually found was Rendsburger Hochbrücke - not only a railway but also a transporter bridge. How exciting is that? 


View from the hotel - everything suddenly feels very busy


In Hamburg I checked in (nice and early, natch) and relaxed. I went for a wander round the centre. I hid from the rain (shocking turn of events) in the town hall and then had a look at some shops. I got a takeaway coffee (kettles not being standard hotel equipment) and relaxed for the evening ready for a busy travel day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment