I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Saturday 29 July 2023

Aarhus 2023

Today was an arty day. I took myself to ARoS, a large gallery in the city centre. I rather enjoyed myself. 

Your Rainbow Panorama by Olafur Eliasson 


First stop was the top. Up on the roof is a colour spectrum panoramic walkway. As you walk around the coloured glass changes the view - how you see it and how you see yourself. It was far more engaging than I expected it to be. 


There were several floors of exhibitions including works from the permanent collection and solo exhibitions by artists both familiar and new to me.  I explored three floors then took a break for coffee and cake. I phoned Mr H to regale him with my thoughts on art.


Various works by Annette Messager


The last two floors were the ones I was most interested in. The Annette Messager was a treat - nothing like themes of fabrication and the female body to capture my imagination. (And snails, there were lots of snails).  The basement of installations held my favourite work. A dentists waiting room in a thunderstorm called Storm by Cardiff and Miller. It’s surreal to be in a gallery and yet feel completely that you are elsewhere. 


The Storm by Janet Cardiff & George Bures Miller


On the way back to the tent I stopped at the street food market - always veggie choices there. After some tasty butter paneer and a stop at the supermarket for some bread and cheese (I swear cheese is the most expensive food stuff in Denmark. Apart from Mozerella, that’s relatively cheep) for supper I headed back to the site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment