I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Tuesday 23 July 2019

To Nykøbing Falster

Today was another, albeit warmer, in between day. I left the campsite in good time (again, not the last cyclist) and hit the tarmac. 30k in, with my planned stop proving to be not what I hoped, I was toiling. It was a little hotter than planned. 

I stopped at a Shelterplatz for a picnic and, enjoying the shade I decided to hang around for a while. I put the kettle on, did a bit of knitting, had a doze and generally relaxed for a couple of hours. Quite honestly, if the water situation wasn’t so dire I’d have stayed the night. 

Picnicking done well 


Hotter than planned means I didn’t have enough water on me and so I made supermarket stop two, this time to buy a couple of big bottles of water.  With the help of juice, chocolates, water and strawberries I was revitalised for the second half of the day. 

I made my way up and over a peninsular, then over a big bridge then up and down to the campsite. The last 20k were like sailing along on an electric bike. No head wind, slight downwards incline. 

Museum and ferry tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment