I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Friday 19 July 2019

To Helsingør

I’m back on the road again. After a relaxing and interesting few days in Copenhagen today I cycled north to Helsingør. 

I had a the wind at my back, tarmac so flat even roadies chose the bike path and, once I was out of the city, some really easy navigation. 

A wonderfully Danish scene where moments before I’d seen an otter run along the pier before disappearing among the changing huts. 

I cycled along happily until I reached the turn off for today’s cultural activity - a small museum housing 7000 year old finds from the local area including four burials. Again, very interesting and engaging. 

Back to the coast and north to Helsingør. Tonight I’m camping in the youth hostel garden right on the beach within view of the castle and of Sweden. 

There are plenty of free sockets to charge all my devices, a kitchen to cook in, a dining room to sit in if it gets chilly and free CONTROLLABLE showers. The free coffee is terrible but one can’t have everything. 




Tomorrow it’s off to Sweden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment