I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Berlin day 1

We're taking a relaxed approach to our Berlin holiday. After a hotel breakfast I did a bit of shopping - a toothbrush for Mr H, a travel adapter, some headphones, and some shoes for me in my continued attempt to look like a normal person and because my trainers look a lot less presentable now I've walked through floods in them. I went into Top Shop and found it full of English assistants. I listened to an in depth conversation about stock room shoe organisation with interest. 

We decided to start our Berlin adventure with a bus tour. As we gradually melted in the heat we were driven around the major sites. This tour seemed particularly interested in the architecture of embassies. Mexico with its optical illusion frontage was my favourite.  

After the tour I felt fairly cooked. We went to relax in the cool of the hotel and then later out for a drink. We found what looked like an interesting pub - I was enjoying the cabaret jazz music at least - when it was overrun by a youthful pub crawl.  We left them to it and made our way to the hotel bar where we watched the world go by and made plans for the rest of our holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment