I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Berlin Day 2

Today in Berlin was rather warm. With temperatures of 30 degrees we weren't full of energy and certainly didn't want to be walking far. 

Having said that, the first thing I did was walk to the bike shop. I went in the morning and stuck to the shady side of the street but it was still a touch on the warm side. My mission was to get a peddle spanner.  I knew that the trains we wanted to get didn't carry bikes and so it's going in a bag or in a ground sheet wound with duct tape. It depends on your point of view. To do this you turn the bars, remove the wheels and remove the peddles. I've got the tools for two out of the three jobs. The man at the bike shop seemed quite surprised by the request and they didn't have one. I'm off to the hardware shop tomorrow. 

After that we devoted the day to art and a visit to Hamburger Bahnhof.  I did a bit of participation and signed a pledge to do what I say I will in a work called 'The Probale Trust Registry' by Adrian Piper. We looked around the Hanna Darboven which was a bit mad and very pleasing. Then we lemonade (too sweet, I want to taste the lemon) and cake in the terrace cafe. 

In my head the next activity was a choice between actually booking train tickets or visiting the wool shop. Turns out it wasn't because Mr H has some common sense. We spent a while queuing but there was great air conditioning. Two sets of tickets later and the wool shop was closed. 

An evening of halloumi and falafel followed then a night cap in the hotel bar. 

Can you guess what we're doing tomorrow? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment