I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Friday 21 July 2017

Thale

Have you heard of a Brocken-Spectre? Or Walpurgis Night? Or Hexennacht? Turns out the Brocken, the mountain where witches meet, is just over there. There has been a sudden increase in witch references and today I seemed to be following a very witchy bike trail.   The Brocken is where the Brocken-Spectre - your shadow cast on the clouds and often surrounded by rings of coloured light - was first observed.  Not surprising as the mountain is shrouded in mist and for for up to 300 days a year. 

I began to wonder. If I'm in such a mystic area - the foothills of the Harz Mountains, meer miles from the Brocken, could that be the reason for my remarkable run of bad luck?  

Maybe today is the day my luck turned. I found power, I found gas, I found my legs after seeming to hit a wall on my last ride.  I climbed up to the highest point of the route and felt good.  The day before the rest day was torturously slow but today was only hampered by slow service when I stopped for my afternoon snack.  I've even got a new t-shirt. I look almost presentable. 

Tomorrow promises rain and thunder but, you never know your luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment