I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 20 July 2017

Goslar

Really??!!

You remember I got replacement batteries when the one I bought from home broke (on the night of The Burn - healing well, rather itchy, gets in the way of cycling shorts) Well, for years I've been leaving them -as do many other people - in various toilets, showers kitchens to charge. I reckon that's 50-100 different places. Today, on my first lounge around the site and chill day of the year, someone stole them!  I left them there at 9, checked at 10 and then by 11 they were gone.  I thought maybe the cleaner or owner had moved them when they cleaned but, when reception opened at 5 I discovered that no, they hadn't seen them. 

They had my name all over them (I say them I mean a double charger, a small one charge pack and a larger 4 charge battery. And the leads.) In two different colour of marker. I hope you can hear my anger.   On the bright side, through gritted teeth, these are easily replaceable as we know. I need to buy new gas tomorrow so I'll just add chargers to my shopping list. Again. 

For the rest of my rest day I've been having a lovely time. It didn't rain as much as it had said it would. I've knitted, I'm 1/3 of the way through the tricky cable cat now, I've listened to my book The Winter Men and I've started reading The Sellout. 

I'm still furious with whoever decided they wanted my stuff, there is afterall a huge element of trust in operation on campsites, but let's not let them ruin my day.  I'm putting my book back on, putting tea on and battling on with the cable cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment