I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 20 July 2017

Goslar

Hot, humid and hilly. That's the best way to describe today. It was a short ride that took forever. It was uphill. It was hot. It's the humidity that always gets me. 


Before I started my day I cycled down into Bad Gandersheim to have a look around the Dom. It was closed so I went to the supermarket instead. 


I spent the rest of day looking at wildlife and sweating a lot. I followed and crashed into butterflies, cycling along side a Kite and studied a tiny Adder as it tried to cycle under my wheels. 


I found a bike shelter with a guest book and so left a message. The views were lovely but it was exhaustingly hot. I had sweated my way through 5 bottles of water.  Getting to Goslar I decided I'd had enough and headed towards the campsite. Up and up and up. 


Putting up my tent a second pole broke.  I took a deep breath and a logical approach. It was after all about to chuck it down. After trying to splint the pole I unthreaded the whole system, broke off the end bit and put it back together in a different order. I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me before.  


The site is well, it's here. The people are friendly. Tomorrow is going to be wet and my arms are tired. I predict a rest day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment