I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Munster

To be honest, the only way to describe today is wet. 

There wasn't much to see - although my legs reliably inform me that there was some climbing going on. I suspect there were some views behind the mist and drizzle.  When I did stop - after two thirds of the ride was over - it was at the first dry open place I saw. I had to sit on my scarf to eat, I was covered in road muck.

The next section offered the intrepid cyclist the chance for a bit of off roading through the woods. A challenge at the best of times on foot wide paths but a little more treacherous after all the heavy rain. 

After being spat out of the woods into the middle of road works - and then missing a sign and so trekking further into woods again- my poor bike was beginning to complain. The roads didn't get much better until Munster. At which point I whacked my burn with my bike whilst trying to put on my soaking cagoule after unwisely taking it off. 

Luckily Munster looks nice and is indeed very cycle friendly. The site has top notch facilities and a handy bar / restaurant. I'm having a look around town tomorrow and so a day off. I've done 599km with 701 to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment