I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Monday 17 July 2017

Hoxter

Today was one of the hilliest days of this tour. The climbs were a little intense at times but all doable. I started the day with a jaunt down into Detmold where I got some brunch. Then up we went. 

Up and up I cycled until I reached the famous Externsteine rocks. I payed my €3 and climbed the stairs up to the top of one pillar. I drew the line at the second with its dinky little bridge. By now I know my height adverse limitations. A little more climbing then a glorious 10k descent. A stop for a leg stretch and a lounge in a picnic shelter then the last 10k uphill stretch before another glorious tarmaced saunter down to Hoxter where I am staying tonight. 

I stopped at the supermarket and then made my way to the campsite. Putting up my tent I heard the tell tale crack of a broken pole. As I was unclipping the flysheet I heard the rip as the fabric tore. I calmly located the duct tape and did some sticking before making a very sweary, slightly tearful phone conversation to my other half telling him my latest woes.  

You'll be happy to know the tent looks reasonably stable and may even be waterproof. I am having a beer and doing some knitting ready for another hilly day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment