I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Sunday 16 July 2017

Hosterbruch

A night in a hotel? A relaxing day's cycling? What do I think this is? Some sort of holiday? 

Due to campsite location today has been very relaxing. I'm only about 20 miles from the hotel and even at a more round about route I only managed to eek out 60k.  

After leaving the hotel I tried to pick up the R1 route but things got a bit confused - there's lots of bike routes because Germany is a sensible country so when I thought I'd picked up my route I had in fact picked up another. Then I followed my route in reverse for a bit before getting myself back on track. 

I stopped for a picnic in the woods and then later had a proper pub lunch. The woman behind the bar seemed endeared by my stuttering German and looked very sympathetic whenever I ordered anything. I had a salad again. I had salad for tea last night. I don't have much food with me (I forgot to Sunday up) but I'm defiately having loads of carbs tonight. 

The route took me up and up through the trees. It was a gentle but satisfying climb. It gave me that 'we've got this, keep going' feeling from my legs that I love. When I noticed the hole worn in my shorts where my thigh rubs against the seat I saw evidence of hard work. I love my legs. I love that they are big and strong. I love that I can do this. Thank you legs. 

Checking in at the campsite in the drizzle using more stuttering Deutsch (The only things I can do in German are get veggie food and get accommodation. Even then I struggle if we go off script and someone attempts an actual conversation) the woman again looked sympathetic.  Now the tent is up, the sun is out and tea is on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment