I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Wittenberge to Havelberge

I wasn't going to go anywhere today. I was going to stay in my tent and watch the rain fall. I was going to relax in the thunderstorm. But then I discovered that the free roaming teenagers were everywhere. They had jolly japes howling in the woods in the wee small hours. They had boyfriend drama and crying in the loos. They shouted a lot. In short, they were not conducive to my relaxing day. Respecting the rights of said teenagers to be such I decided to move on as soon as the rain calmed down. 

By noon I was leaving the now smoking (from a fire caused by the storm) Wittenberge behind.  Today again was short and rural. I cycled for half of it along an island.  I felt a bit 'off' - probably a mixture of humidity and that, in anticipation of a rest day, I hadn't had tea last night - but the short distance was soon done.  

Havelberge has a large former monastery so I visited that and then a local Netto.  At the campsite I dried out my tent enjoyed the best shower I've had in a while. No tokens, no time limits and a door. 

Last night's insect proofing project was, I'm sad to say, decidedly unsuccessful. I now have a whole new variety of bites. Add to that the uneven tan, the grazes and the bruises (Slight fall.  Stationary bike. Gritty cleat. Not at all embarrassing.) and I'm looking lovely for The Rendezvous a week today. 




No comments:

Post a Comment