I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Friday 29 July 2016

Havelberge to Grieben

I'm sitting here in my tent in the rain perfectly content. I arrived, pitched, showered, got settled, all before the thunder rolled in.  I've had an interesting day. Good sightseeing but bad diversions. It all adds to the fun. 

Leaving Havelberge behind I headed off on the east of the river. I fancied that for a while. It's the 'alternative' route. Certainly. As I trapped through the head height grass and thistles I mused on my choice. Maybe tomorrow I'll stick to the tried and tested path. 

The path is reserved for sheep. 

Eventually I battled my way through to Tangermunde. It's rather a pretty town with proper coffee shops and everything. So I stopped to have a cuppa and watch the world go by. 

Red brick buildings everywhere. Which remind me of Barrow. Which is confusing. 

The campsite has a handy bar which I may investigate later. It also has ground so hard I couldn't get tent pegs into it. As I looked for a stone a kindly caravaner appeared with a hammer for me to borrow. Lucky considering the present weather conditions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment