I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Train to Cruxhaven

It took not one, not two, but three trains to make it up to Cuxhaven and so ready myself for Tour 2016 Part II. 

Finally here (the last train was running almost an hour late) I took myself first to the supermarket and second to a campsite. 

As I arrived, the campsite owner was telling a man that the site was full. Not only was this site full, all sites were full. This came as a bit of a shock. Last night there were three tents on my site. Of course, I asked if there was even room for just a small tent and- after considerable confusion I ended up sharing a pitch with this lovely Swedish couple. 

It was a bit of a squeeze but we were making it work. 

Fast forward a few hours - and a few glasses of wine - later and that's when the fun really started. The owner seemed to have forgotten that he sold his last pitch not once but twice and so, decided to sell it a third time. 

At nine thirty - as it was going dark and threatening rain, were joined by a Polish family. All 5 of them. 

With a bit of manoeuvring we are all squashed on but Mr Caravan next door is none too chuffed. 

Tomorrow I'm hoping the wind will at last be in my favour. 


Close quarters (my tent is the orange one in he corner). 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment