I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 14 July 2016

Strehla to Pretzsch

After my night in the windmill and an early youth hostelling breakfast I set off early for my lunch time target of Torgau. A pretty town with a big castle. I thought I'd be feeling good but the weather had other plans. A gloomy wet and breezy day made going hard. And quite cold. 

By the time I got to Torgau the rain was easing so I took the chance to have a look at an exhibition about a Saxon / Brandenburg wedding before searching for a good place for lunch. Service was slow. An hour and a half for just the one pizza was a big chunk out of my day but fortunately it did see out the last of the rain. Setting off again I managed to ride the rest of the day cagoule free although I must say thank goodness for that hoody I bought in Dresden. 

Apart from stopping to photograph flowers, alpacas, goats and a rather enormous caterpillar it was a case of head down on we go.

The site I am staying at is hidden in woods by a little lake. It's quiet and relaxing. And it's good to be back in my tent.  I'm sitting in the evening sun, knitting an arm onto L'al Lass and listening to a book. All is right with the slightly chilly world. 


The enormous caterpillar 


The enormous caterpillar green poop 

No comments:

Post a Comment