I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Monday 20 July 2015

St Jean

Today has involved a lot of hills and a lot of rain. It's been that particularly effective rain that succeeds in getting you very wet very quickly. 

I know it's all very ironic. I came this way to avoid the heat ... Still I feel we could come to some arrangement. Maybe just a bit of rain each day.  I'm fairly sure that I've missed quite a few spectacular views today.  I've been skirting the edge of the very beautiful Crozon peninsular. Still, there's always tomorrow. 


One of many viewpoints. 


Now, shall we talk about my lunch time companions?  You know when you're rolling along, down into a village. Feeling fairly sorry for yourself. Soaking and freezing? Imagine how seeing a camel on the roadside - and then finding out that it really really is a real camel - makes you feel. It fair perked me up. 


I stopped for a while to eat a delightful banana / rice pudding combo chatted to the animals and took some photos. Aren't they odd creatures? 

As I went further along the road I found two lamas, a horse, a minature pony and a donkey (the donkey was silent).  The camel himself was chewing on trees along side a goat and another smaller camel (this time with one hump).  They were all members of the travelling circus. 





No comments:

Post a Comment