I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Saturday 11 July 2015

Lusignan

Another quiet day cycling through the lanes. I started early (but not too early) and went to the local DIY store. They've always come up trumps on the hunt for gas and did so again.  I nipped next door to buy flip flops and lunch, then off I went.

It was cloudier today and slightly cooler (a word which seems to imply a chill. There was no chill). The heat climbed in the afternoon but, I was at the campsite soon enough as the 'stage' was slightly shorter than I've been doing. 

Getting here I found the shade and then wandered up to the town hoping for a little shop - it's Sunday tomorrow. There wasn't one -a little shop, here's hoping Sunday comes - so I ended up at the big supermarket where there were tons of canisters of just the type I've been hunting for since Angers. 

Back at the site and tea is on the go. I'm doing a bit of route planning (thinking of heading towards a train station and cooler climes) and very soon I shall be cracking open the Saturday evening wine. 

For those of you curious, last night's quiz (I which I was a giggling spectator, not a participant) didn't quite come to blows - there was lots of heckling and quite a bit of arguing as well as some rather poor maths but, good fun seemed to be had by all. 










No comments:

Post a Comment