I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Monday 6 July 2015

Charlonnes sur Loire

Today was a very straight day. I've followed several very straight roads. It's been a bit lumpy but with more down than yesterday. It's been too darn hot again (30+) but tomorrow should be cooler. (I am more aware I said that yesterday too).

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. You see, I am back at the Loire. The Loire itself I quite liked last year. I just wasn't too keen on the preceding canals. And by this point I was in a bit of a rush. The next part of the book takes the tourist to Fontevraud- l’Abbaye so I'll be following the river again. There are a few things I missed that I plan on catching this year. 

I'm camped this time at the site I rejected. It seems to have had a bit of an upgrade since I was last here.  I only realised which town it was when I passed the 'Grand Bras' restaurant, that gave me a chuckle. 



An Astrix display. Not sure why. Fun I think. 

'Blinking Route Barre'. That's exactly what I said. *




*Route Barrees appear with alarming regularity. They usually necessitate a huge diversion and rarely seem to be that busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment