I'm leaving before another heat wave hits. Not really why but, luckily, I am.
Today was a case of packing up - but making sure my overnight stuff was in one place which throws off the process and balance - and setting off. As on the way in, it's not a ride that fills me with joy but, it is a ride that has to be done.
I crossed the canal again and got some food from the bakers. Then I rode my bike, all the way to the sea. It's not an auspiciously inspiring ride but, as new routes seem to have popped up, it is an increasingly simple one.
I arrived at the ferry terminal and waited for boarding to start before checking in. Then I relaxed. Said goodbye to the continent from the sky bar and wandering back out of the sun listened to a piper pipe us out.
I ate a picnic in my cabin then in the evening I went to the bar. It's like an under attended wedding. Lots of children running around in their twirly frocks and a strange mix of music. There was bingo for a bit and then a guess the intro. All competed by a difficult to hear Dutch sailor. Then the band came on. It must be a tough gig, sometimes it was a tough listen.
Then of course, to bed, ready to wake up back in the UK.
No comments:
Post a Comment