
Started the day off strong
I'm finally out of the cities - Cologne, Düssledorf and Duisburg all sort of merging into one factory filled sprawl. Compared to yesterday, today was a bit more starting, a bit less stopping. In fact, my only stops were at the supermarket and in a couple of bus stops to eat the food from the supermarket. Which impressed me because it was one of my longest rides.
I dotted in and out of towns and through a chempark or two. Eventually I hit the long straight (probably Roman) stretches that took me into the country side, easy riding marred just a little by a slight headwind. Nothing too strong, but noticeable when you're heading in a straight line for miles.
I arrived at the campsite too early to check in - that's been a bit of a theme (unusually for me). I spent the time hunting for the toilets. Then set up, had some coffee and cake and settled in for the evening.


No comments:
Post a Comment