I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday, 23 July 2026

Near Tiel


I've had rather a nice day. 


It started off strong with an early start and a farm shop breakfast. After that it was a little windy - giving me weather related anxiety - but that soon died down. 


I cycled along quite happily, enjoying the  floral country side interspersed by occasional farms with lots of sheep and horses. 

I even stopped for lunch, because I passed a sign at just the right time. That was the point I checked my navigation. The site I had been aiming for seems to have been one I'd visited before on the 'disaster tour' (injuries, thefts etc. - you know the one). With absolutely no desire to revisit those memories I diverted to a new site not too far away.


The site itself is a little hidden (took me a while to locate it) gem with community lounges and an honesty cafe.  


No breakfast but a quiet night's sleep seems likely. 


My map of where I have been (mainly cycling, a little walking) - the red is the London - Berlin disaster year, with a gap where I was probably in a pit of despair, little did I know.  The teal is this year and the arrow is me now. Before you get all impressed, the blue is two years, without all the stops marked. 



No comments:

Post a Comment