I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 20 July 2023

Skagen 2023

 Almost there. 

I am at a campsite just 3km from my ‘destination’ Grenen, the northernmost point of Denmark. 



Today was quite a relaxing day when all is said and done. There was plenty of time in woods and so plenty of shelter from the inevitable wind. On the whole it was behind me although at times it was against me. (I’m very convinced wind is a metaphor for life, but I haven’t quite worked out the finer details) As I tried to eat my picnic lunch I had to chase after the butter lid, my cutlery, and the cheese slice I was trying to put into my sandwich. 


The day started well with an anonymous gift of three mini lion bars. I got myself a spare usb charger (far harder to find than you’d imagine) I tried to use a pressure pump to inflate my tyres up to full whatever they are meant to be at a bike shop but it was the wrong valve and help didn’t seem to be forthcoming. I didn’t go into the yarn/lingerie shop.


After shopping (I spent a good 20 minutes hunting for the dairy section hidden as it was amongst the wine) I headed out of town and into the countryside.   It was all rather relaxing but, I’ve not got much to report. I didn’t take many photos I just cycled along. 


Here at the campsite the kitchens are full so I’ve cooked tea at the tent. There was a clown show that seems to have turned into an Elvis tribute. I’ve checked out the laundry so I’ve got exciting plans for tomorrow that involve a choice of clothes. For now, I’ve settled in for the evening with a good book and my many layers but, as I’ve chosen a sheltered spot (average wind speed now is 29mph) I’m hoping it will be a bit warmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment