I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 27 July 2023

Aarhus 2023

As we near the end of my holiday we enter the ‘city break’ portion of proceedings. 

I studied the map and decided there were more things I wanted to see in Aarhus than on the way to it so treated myself to a train journey. A good idea as it turned out to be rather a damp day. 



I set off in the rain and cycled to the station. Early as ever (my 2 choices in life - really early or late, and that doesn’t work for trains) I dried off over a coffee and sandwich. Once on the train (the challenging steps up to the carriage further complicated by my handlebar grip coming off in my hand) I relaxed and knitted while looking out of the window. The countryside had a ‘more of the same’ vibe so I’m happy with my choice not to spend 2 days cycling through it. 



I arrived in Aarhus mid afternoon and gave myself a bit of an orientation tour. I took a photograph of Møllestien, a pretty old street (now on tripadviser - as such so probably populated by intensely annoyed residents who are sick of the likes of me and their cameras).  Then I headed off to a back street to take a photo of the original (but recently repainted) Nuclear Power? No Thanks logo. After that I found the cathedral but didn’t take a photo there. This little tour gave me a taste of the city - lots of small cafes, cool shops and art galleries to investigate over the coming days. 


Rather taken by the Viking Ampelmännchen


A half hour ride to the campsite through the outskirts of the city and a relaxing evening ready for more sightseeing tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment