I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Tuesday 25 July 2023

Aalborg 2023

Well, that wind certainly picked up. One thing one does not want from a weather forecast on a day when you are heading west ALL DAY is a good strong (20mph) westerly wind. I avoided setting off for a bit. Knowing it wasn’t going to die down but kind of hoping…

Still, couldn’t be helped. So off I did set. My goal for the day was Aalborg with a stop at a Viking burial site. It isn’t too far but goodness me, it was exhausting. There is nothing to do but find a slow rhythm and plod on. Usually at about 10km per hour.  The one good thing was that inland there are little patches of trees that provide at least some respite. After several hours I was frankly knackered. I even briefly considered ignoring the vikings although I’m glad I didn’t. 

Lindholm Høje contains hundreds of graves as well as evidence of a village.  An amazing sight on which you and the sheep are free to roam. After that it was a short (easterly) roll into the suburbs of Aalborg and to the campsite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment