I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Sunday 7 July 2019

To Lubeck

Ladies and gentlemen. We have .... a tail wind! Oh the joys. The delights. I’ve pootled my way along a simple route to Lubeck with a lovely tail wind almost all the way.  If you look back over my years of touring you’ll notice this treat does not come along often. Indeed I once changed direction on tour in search of the mythical beast only to be disappointed but today, success. 

I’m doing well at easing myself in. After a disappointing avocado breakfast (unripe- It’s a lottery isn’t it?) I set off in the drizzle. I stopped on the way for a nice picnic (tomatoes, cheese and cucumber are far more reliable foodstuffs) in a woodland and then just carried on.  It was a very little bit lumpy but I suspect in days to come I shall look back on the hills with affection. If all climbs were aided by meteorological oomph I’d be a mountain goat. 

Today was short again and I was at the site by mid afternoon. This part of Germany seems to not do Sunday opening so what could I do but relax? I’ve done the usual washing and cooking and even had a bit of a sleep. 

Tomorrow I’m off to explore the town and look at a few museums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment