I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Sunday 15 July 2018

Thirsk

After being woken by hot air balloons at some ungodly hour (I could hear an odd snorting noise, was fairly sure it wasn’t an animal, couldn’t for the life of me work out what it was) I had a relaxing day off. 


Heriot’s World featured his house, the film studio and a museum of vetinary medicine. 

Naturally the first thing I did was clothes washing and eating. After that I tried dozing to make up for my early start but the tent was like an oven so I got up and went out. 

Thirsk is a lovely little town with plenty to see and do. I enjoyed the museum, a visit to the church and then a jaunt around ‘James Herriot’s’ house. After that and a look around the shops I went for a glass of wine and a snack before heading back to the tent for more relaxing and eventually sleep. 





I’ve been suffering banner envy since the Processions event to mark 100 years since some women were able to vote.  This beautiful example made its way down to London.  Thirsk and it’s surrounds appears to be quite crafty. I had a nice chat in the wool shop but managed to resist buying anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment