I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday 5 July 2017

The Hague

I had a relaxing morning on site. Paid for a shower- standard fair in Dutch camping. This site even charges you for hot water to wash the dishes.  I decided to relax a bit more so knit some of the cable cat - which took a lot of brain power and wasn't that relaxing. Then I decided to go into town. 

I'm not yet a convert to the number system of navigation (if I could get pictures to upload I'd show you what I mean) but I'm going to hold back my rant for now. It worked after a fashion and I made it into town to the Muarithaus museum. This is the place with The Goldfinch. And the Vermeers. And the Rembrandts. And the Holbeins. Room after room of paintings I knew. Really knew.  Rembrandt's self portrait. The Girl With a Peral Earring. The Jane Seymore Portrait!  It was quiet and I could really look. Really look. I spent a few hours there looking. 

After some lunch I wandered for a bit and then found my way back to site. I've got another day here to explore more art (those wanted the cycling travails will just have to wait) and then I hit the road to Berlin. 







No comments:

Post a Comment