I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Tuesday 4 July 2017

The Hague

It's hard to believe that this time yesterday I was making my way through Harwich looking for the port. That's not because anything auspicious has happened, it just seems like quite a while ago. 

The Harwich ferry is rather posh - you get a TV in your cabin and everything. The down side is the lack of sleep. The wake up call at 6.30 (Dutch time) was most unwelcome but I dragged myself out of bed and for breakfast. 

The little cycling I did to get here (30k or so) was more of a meander than a ride. I shade-bathed for a bit while I looked for a site and then I enjoyed my first pancake lunch. I wanted to arrive here after midday just to be polite. 

Once I got my tent set up I finally got myself sorted - staying in hotels and on the ferry had my packing all messed up - and finally relaxed. I read a bit then I cast on my first holiday project (Moggy by Ella Austin for those who are curious) and managed a few cable twists I had a chippy for tea and patted myself on the back for packing vinegar. 

This evening I'll be doing much the same I suspect and then tomorrow I'm having a long lie in. 














No comments:

Post a Comment