I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Sunday 23 July 2017

Dessau

I made it to Dessau and a rest day beckons. Today was a gentle and pleasant ride. 

I waited till the rain had stopped and then set off.   After 10k the sun was really shining and I had to give in and get my sunglasses. All very well until I realised they were safely stored in the inner pocket of my tent. Which was safely stored on the back of my bike. After a bit of unpacking / repacking I was once again all set. 

I stopped for lunch - the only veggie pasta was spaghetti in tomato sauce. It wasn't exactly inspiring but at least it was filling. 

By this time a strong wind had picked up. If I followed the exact route given in the book this rare phenomenon would go to waste as an irritating cross wind. The 20k loop didn't seem to hold anything particularly impressive so I employed google maps to navigate me in the right direction. It was glorious. In the main there was tarmac. There were long straight roads and there was that lovely wind pushing me along. 

I picked up the Elbe route I followed last year and although I'm sure I stayed in Aken and I remember Dessau I can't remember the route between. I turned off the main road and onto the road to this tiny little  site. I thought I'd found it earlier than I was expecting but the game of naked volleyball tipped me off that it may not be the site for me. A bit further on and I'm living it up at the yacht club. There's a shower, a toilet and a fridge full of beer so I'm happy. There's even wifi. 

I'm going to have a wander, look at the distinctly modernist estate just over the harbour then settle down for an evening of knitting and phone TV. 



No comments:

Post a Comment