I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Saturday 23 July 2016

Krautsand to Stove

That was a long day wasn't it? I'd love to regale you with exciting tales of wonderful adventures over what turned out to be a 105km journey (I'd planned 80) but it wasn't really that exciting. 

I have spent the day trying to find my way through Hamburg without going through Hamburg. I've stayed south of the river and so been winding my way through docks and factories. When I eventually got back to the country side I found the first campsite (located by maps.me) didn't exist so I pushed onto the second (located by Bikeline routeguide published 2015) which was also kaput. 

Now I'm on a big, big, campsite. So far my impressions are far from positive (took several trips to get someone to finally show me my pitch, 2 toilets for a massive site and showers that need tokens. Not that anyone mentioned that and reception is now closed. And no sink cubicals. I ended up washing myself in a tiny sink in the toilet cubical). I'm giving their restaurant a chance though (currently playing 'football's coming home) because rice and veg didn't really appeal. And I'm having a glass of wine.







No comments:

Post a Comment