I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Bordeaux

I'm safely installed in hotel and catching up with the world via wifi. 

The ride to the station was suitably hilly. A long climb followed by a long descent and then an easy to find station. Just how I like to start my day. 

I booked my tickets and headed up into the town. I bought some bread (no sandwiches sans jambon available) and had a coffee. It was one of those odd towns that pipes music into the centre. I always find it slightly disconcerting to be wandering around to random europop. 

Back to the tiny train and after enlisting the help of not only the conducter but also the driver, I managed to get my bike aboard. A hot hour later we arrived at Angouleme. I installed myself in the cafe and refused to even contemplate exploring despite a rather long wait. 

When the train eventually arrived it was massive. It took a bit of running to eventually throw myself on the last carriage at the last possible minute but again, I got a bit of help. 

At Bordeaux and I spotted the hotel from the train - as if I planned it that way. It was quicker to get here than it was to get on that train.





No comments:

Post a Comment