I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Kekerdom




Bloody weather!  I'll take cooler days over hotter ones any time but, can we leave the head winds out of it? I think I'll be riding into them all the way to Amsterdam. 


I was glad to be back in the country side (although I quite like an industrial view) and after arriving a bit early at a few sites, I thought I'd have a slower start. 


I think that slow start made me feel slow all day. It was quite a pleasant ride overall, through the north of Germany and into the Netherlands. With the church spires popping out of wooded horizons it's a bit like cycling through a gallery of Dutch Masters. 



The only thing that marred it was the near constant head wind, it varied in strength but it was always there and with more miles of straight lines that was rather annoying. 


I feel like I should clarify here - and I'm sure I've said it before. Tail winds and cross winds do exist. Cross winds you notice and if they're strong they have a bit of an impact. A tail wind however, that you never quite feel until you turn around. In a bit of a metaphor for life - you never notice the wind at your back. 


That little gate is the border between Germany and the Netherlands. At least that's were the language changed on the signs. 


Annoying wind aside, it was a pleasant ride and the campsite - along with farm shop - is lovely. Right down to the breakfast I've ordered for the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment