I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Sunday 6 August 2023

Munster 2023



Now I remember Munster, I really did see very little of it, although I do recall being captivated by a red octopus in the lacquer museum.
 

Today I decided to have a good wander. I visited the cathedral and saw the astrological clock. Throughout the day it had been chucking it down so (it was sunny when I came out so I didn’t have a waterproof) at this point I bought an umbrella. Guess what, it never rained again.  I went into a contemporary art exhibition - I hate to say it but, not great. It’s no good  putting a copy of The Subversive Stitch out, making me think it would be all radical and then displaying a load on painted fabric in a teenage goth palette. And painting it badly at that. 

Obviously being a bit arted out I went for a museum instead. I went for the Bible Museum - a university collection hidden behind an intercom and several stairs. The museum was a smallish room with bibles ranging from cuneiform tablets to modern children’s stories. There was a very expansive iPad guide that gave detailed accounts of every exhibit along with an opportunity to grind flour. I didn’t avail myself.



As it was the last holiday night I went to the Picasso museum to be all posh and have a glass of wine and a snack. Another evening bag sorting then relaxing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment