I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Saturday 22 July 2023

Grenen 2023


I spent most of the day lounging around the tent. I was delighted that I could sit here with the door open and not freeze or be blown away. I did venture as far as the shop for fresh rolls and pastries but, until the evening I just did very little. 


Come tea time I was hungry so decided to explore in town again. I got some bits and pieces at the supermarket and had a wander round the harbour. Everyone was the epitome of scandi chic. All muted colours, drapey clothes, always a jumper round the shoulders. I’m not sure my leggings and hoody quite fit in - but I decided not to care. Finding restaurant street I chose a likely looking spot and ordered a pizza - a very good pizza as it turned out.


Always the night owl I decided that evening was the best time for another beach stroll. I headed off and walked again to Grenen point. Paddling in the Baltic and then in the North Sea. Sitting on top of a sand dune I watched the sun go down. 


Back in my tent, one layer less than last night, sleeping bag not quite so tightly done up. The weather might be turning a little in my favour.  My aim of a relaxing day successfully accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment