I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Monday 29 July 2019

To Seilershof

Another day of woodland cycling. The promised rain never materialised so it was a rather hot one. 

I set off reasonably early despite having a go at fixing my ‘on bike’ charger with no success (there was a bent pin and A missing bit). Then I checked out. Then I went back to get my computer that had fallen off when locking my bike up for the night. Then I set off again. 

I felt a little tired after yesterday’s off road adventures so was pleased to see it was tarmac almost all the way. The miles go far quicker and climbing is easier when you’re not drifting in the sand. 

I cycled along, had an ice cream because everything else is closed on a Sunday, and otherwise enjoyed myself.  I passed 1000k on a lovely car free down hill cycle path through the woods and watched my computer set back to zero. I’m sure there’s a metaphor in there somewhere. 

I arrived at this quiet lakeside site in reasonable time and set up my tent in the shade. I got out my knitting bag and in a flurry of (since lost) mobile signal downloaded books and podcasts to see me through my last two days. 

Tomorrow I’m making the short hop (luckily because the temperature keeps going up) to a small town just north of Berlin. Then it’s one last rest day before cycling into the city to meet Mr H. 

(There would be fascinating photos of empty roads and woodlands. And even a video of a bike computer ticking over, but the signal strength suggests such notions are mere fantasy.)



No comments:

Post a Comment