I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Friday 26 July 2019

To Krakow am See

I was a determined cyclist today wasn’t I? So much so that this:



Is the only photo I took.  I like the jolly yet ominous nature of the road signs. 

I got up fairly early and left by nine. I cycled along and felt good after the rest of yesterday. I caught myself rather liking the rhythm of longer steady climbs but was happy that they never got too high. 

I stopped in a shady spot for lunch and drank lots of water. I reapplied suncream at regular intervals and ate lots of veggie chewy sweets (which are 1/4 of the price they are at home - forget duty free, I know what I’m filling my bags with). I added fruit juice to my water and also ate some salty crisps. Overall I weathered the weather. 

I arrived at the site by mid afternoon and pitched up in the shade. I had more to eat and drink then fell  asleep. I realised later that a broken cable had precipitated a power crisis. I have come to the on site restaurant to charge things. And eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment