I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Wednesday 4 July 2018

The casual approach

This year I have decided to take the casual approach. 

I’m setting off from home, sometime this weekend, heading south, aiming for London. Then Brighton then maybe Paris.  My full outlay has been an early bird ticket back from London in August. If for one of a thousand reasons I couldn’t go on full tour I thought I’d find a way to use that. As I say, I’m keeping it casual.  

I’ve done packing version one. My bike is in for a service and I’m waiting for a hub Dynamo usb charger. Once I’ve got that and my new peddles in place then I’m ready. 

Due to personal stuff, my plans (I started so well six weeks ago) to get fit have been sidelined in favour of getting on with none cycling commitments and getting over a very snotty cold. (Mouth breathing in midge season. No.)  I’m therefore planning on taking the first few days rather slowly and not going far. I’ll be following Coasts and Castles to Sunderland then heading towards York. I’m expecting day one to be just getting used to being fully loaded and making it out of the city. 




No comments:

Post a Comment