I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Friday 4 August 2017

Berlin to Kassel

Lucky I'm feeling strong isn't it?  A few years ago it seemed easy to take a bike on a train in Germany but this year, when I went to check out tickets a few weeks ago it seemed it wasn't. I knew I'd have to pack up my bike. I just forgot how heavy and awkward that is to carry. 

Today I'm rather stiff. We worked a complex relay system of carrying heavy stuff and then returning for the lighter bag. It was like the farmer/fox/river problem. Luckily the lack of need for a bike ticket meant we could get our ideal train and so there were no changes. 

We've been to Kassel and Documenta for the past two editions (it happens every five years). It was our first holiday abroad together. Last time I cycled up to the Hercules monument. This time I'll be getting the tram. 
We booked the same hotel as last time. Firstly because it wasn't through the roof expensive and secondly because it's right next to the station. 

Safely installed we went out for a bite to eat and a drink before collapsing exhausted into bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment