I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Lutherstadt Wittenberg

To be honest, I haven't quite worked out what I want to say or what I think.  Most of you probably know that my bike was stolen last night.   I'll probably share the full morning of drama one day, but for now all I'll say is, I got a new bike. It's different but a comfortable ride. It's less sporty but will do the job perfectly well.  I rode my new bike back to the campsite and packed up in the afternoon. As the rain poured I took myself along the Elbe, crossing the route I did last year. I am at the same site I stayed at last time and again will have an extra day here. 

I have lots of things to write - about keeping going; about why; about the kindness of strangers; about the value of things - but I'm still working out just what it is I want to say. 

I am ok.  I am not weighed down by misfortune.  I am not hurt. I am ok and I will continue to be so. 

And come hell or high water I am cycling to Berlin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment