I thought of that while riding my bicycle.

Thursday 23 July 2015

Baie De Terenez

I changed my mind about my shorter day. Initially the reason had been something to do with the weather - I'd planned on going to spend the day on an island but, as the weather tomorrow is 'heavy rain' and the island features only a garden and a beach I thought I'd crack on. The plan was to camp at Morlaix - a bigger town so I could find something to do in the rain but, there wasn't a convenient site. 

I ended up here. It's not the most exciting site / location so I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. It depends on the weather. 

As I was only planning a little way, I set off late. I had a reasonable ride to Saint Pol de Leon but, missed those 2 golden hours when you can actually eat in a cafe  (12 - 2. Other shops, including supermarkets are often closed between 12 and 2.30 or 3pm.  This, although probably a relatively healthy approach to life, drives me insane.) so I had a coffee. I looked around the cathedral and made use of the tourist information wifi to plan my next move. 

Cycling along the scenic route to Morlaix I enjoyed the views - Morlaix is the crossing point of an estuary. I cycled 15k down one side of the river before cycling back up the other. 

At the site I have tested out their showers  (terrible) and creperie (so so). I am however enjoying their very good wifi (edit: I take that back.  It's very iffy wifi - which in french, rhymes) and 'library' seating area. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? If it's a lot of rain, I'm staying here. 








No comments:

Post a Comment